Tuesday 6 February 2018

What are you obsessed with ???

Some time last week I was reflecting on my life and a few  things came to mind. I was able to note that there were many "phases" I went through from childhood to now. Each phase at one time or the other was fixated on an object or a person.

I was very different from the other kids when I was a child, I never liked dolls or teddy bears. But I was very much fixated on the power rangers . Which seems innocent, but it was almost ritualistic to watch every episode and pretend to be the pink ranger.

As a teen, I was in puppy love with Justin Timberlake (Weren't we all). But it never stopped there, I kept shifting that "obsession" from celebrity to tv show to real life crushes. Which again seems normal for teenagers.

As an young adult I was still very much figuring out life and love. As a 21 yr old I made a lot of mistakes and I kept placing all of my energy and attention on someone I liked. Growing up in a Christian home, I knew what was expected of me, yet I never seemed to find time to read my bible or pray. But I was always available to chat on the phone or hang out at a friend's house.


Having had a few years of trials and tribulations, I have had sufficient time to mature and grow as a Christian woman. I had no choice but to grow up, I had no choice but to put God first because my life was falling apart around me.


So after reflecting on my life last week, one question remained in my spirit.... Latoya ,what are you obsessed with? Are we obsessed with money, our house or cars, our husbands/wives, boyfriends/girlfriends, our kids?

I heard my pastor say, the thing that keeps you away from God, is the same thing God will remove. Don't make excuses when it comes to God. Put God first in everything and he will protect and keep the things we love. We must not love these "things" more than we love our God.

Today I challenge you to look within yourself and ask...What am I obsessed with? If God isn't the first on your list, change it before it's too late. Many times we wonder why certain relationships or friendships did not work out. Maybe it was because we focused more on them, than on the things of God.

Let us learn from each other and live in humility, serving God and others. God bless you and thank you for reading. Please subscribe to my blog. Check out my Ebooks. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter. Until next time....

- Latoya.



No comments:

Post a Comment