Tuesday 27 February 2018

L I F E

This morning I woke up with a joy that exuded from deep within my soul. Not that everything in my life is perfect. But I've had so much change in my life in a matter of months. Changes that make me want to be a better human being, a better Christian, just better.

Sometimes we question the path we are walking and the circumstances or choices that lead us here. I am a firm believer in the statement "Everything happens for a reason". If I wasn't diagnosed with MDD seven years ago, my life would have been so different. But I am grateful for the cards I have been dealt, it has allowed me to discover my self. I now realize that I was merely existing. I was going through a routine that was acceptable to today's society, yet I had no idea who I was or what I wanted.

Over the past seven years, I have met and interacted with people I never would have known if my life remained the way it was. Each one of those human interactions was necessary for me to be who I am today. I've discovered new talents. I know my likes and dislikes. For the first time, I can say I know who I am. 

I am beyond happy today. I am encouraged in my faith. I know my God and I will not be afraid. My relationship with God has flourished. I feel confident and comfortable with myself and with my walk with Christ. And I will always strive to improve that relationship daily. 


This morning was the funeral service of an elderly woman I knew from a church I used to go to. I think about her life and I wonder if she was content. Was she happy, did she do everything she wanted to do? I don't have the answer to those questions. But I do know that no one knows when they will die. Things happen suddenly sometimes that can turn our world upside down. 

When we conform to what is considered socially acceptable by our peers, our family or random inquisitive people, we slowly kill ourselves from the inside. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I know who holds all my tomorrows. I will never give up. I will keep dreaming. I will continue advocating, I will help as best as I can. But most importantly, I will do the things that make me happy. Because life is short and precious. 

I will speak my truths. I will tell my family I love them. And at the risk of rejection, I will tell someone when I have unintentionally imprinted on them. I will learn, I will love, I will grow. 

Be encouraged today, enjoy the little moments. 

Pray more than you complain. Compliment more than you criticize. Encourage more than you discourage. And HAVE FAITH! 

I pray that God will turn situations in your favor and may you receive your heart's desires. Until next time remember that nothing you have been through will be wasted. God bless you.

- Latoya

No comments:

Post a Comment